Your RPMWare website uses a secure SSL connection whenever your customer needs to enter sensitive information such as login credentials and during checkout.
When a customer requests a secure page we redirect him from your domain
http://yourdomain.com to a RPMWare domain such as
https://yourname.rpmware.com. The domain name is the only thing that changes in this process. Your site content and design remains constant.
When your customer is done on the secure pages he will be sent back to your non-secure domain.
While this is completely safe and used by the majority of our clients, some wish to use their own domain for everything. We can help you do this. All you need is your own SSL certificate.
Setting Up Your Own SSL Certificate
It's incredibly easy to setup your website to use your own certificate and maintain your domain throughout the checkout process.
- Open a support ticket requesting a custom SSL certificate
- We'll respond requesting some additional details
- Once the request is ready we'll send it off to Thawte for processing. If all the information you've provided is accurate and complete, we should have your certificate within a few hours.
- A Thawte SSL certificate. Thawte is a recognized industry leader and expertly capable of securing your website properly.
- 128-bit encryption
- Highest browser capability in the market
- Includes the FREE Thawte Trusted Site Seal
- Interoperability and support for most standard applications and browsers
Once you're done, your visitors will never see another
rpmware.com in your URL again.
Cost & Timeline
- Your own SSL certificate costs $199/year. This includes setup, the actual certificate, and your own unique IP address.
- Setup typically takes 24-48 hours.