Why Are Products Missing?
If you think a product is missing from your website please follow the steps below to fix it.
How To Troubleshoot & Fix
- Run a catalog rebuild. The first step should always be to rebuild your catalog. The indexes that power your website can occasionally get out of sync and need to be rebuilt.
Loginto your account
- Click the
- Click the
- Click the
Force Catalog Rebuildbutton
- Make sure the entity in question is not explicitly deactivated and that none of it's parents are explicitly deactivated. For example: a product group will not be displayed if its brand is deactivated.
- Make sure the entity in question has children. For anything to display on your website there must a way for the customer to purchase it. That means a brands must have at least one group, the group must have at least one item and the item must have at least one fitment (or be universal).
- Make sure the entity in question has ACTIVE children. For example: If you deactivate all groups within a brand the brand will not show up on your website. If you deactivate a certain make then all the items that only fit that make will not show on your website.
How it Works
If the catalog rebuild does not fix your issue, the product(s) are missing because of a your active / deactive settings. Here's how it works:
The RPMWare catalog is comprised of a hierarchy of brands and categories, product groups, items, and fitments. These entities were designed to give the catalog the proper balance between maintainability, usefulness and flexibility.
A core feature of RPMWare is the ability to sell exactly what you want by disabling what you don't want. You have the ability to completely disable categories, brands, groups, specific items, even application makes and models.
Based on what you have added to the system and your active/de-active choices we create a catalog specific to your website and make sure the catalog presented is an accurate representation of what you have chosen to be shown to your customers.
- We start with the entire catalog and remove all the categories, brands, groups and items that have been deleted
- We then take out all the categories, brands, groups, items, makes, and models that you said you do not wish to show
- We then recursively remove from the catalog all the categories, brands, groups and items that would have no children.
For instance, if you deactivate the make Toyota we'll automatically deactivate all items that only fit Toyotas, all groups that only have items that fit Toyotas, all brands that only have groups with items that fit Toyotas, all categories that only have groups with items that fit Toyotas, all parent categories that only have sub-categories that only have groups with items that fit Toyotas.
We repeat that processing until we've eliminated every category, brand, group, item, make, and model that should not be on your catalog. 4. We then take out all the categories, brands, groups, items, makes, and models that have no children.
RPMWare has always had a massive catalog and it's always been one of out top priorities to make that catalog easily searchable and browsable by both our clients and their customers. There is nothing more frustrating that following an 8-click hierarchy just to get to the item level and see a message "Sorry, there are no items available in this category." We've made sure that will never happen to your customers.